Wednesday 28 January 2015

Products I regret buying: Catrice Longlasting Eye Pencil Waterproof


 QUICK FACTS

Price: ~ 2,25 Euros

Range: 8 shades

Available at: Drugstore



CATRICE SAYS:
“Long-lasting and waterproof. Highly pigmented, colour intense and with different effects, the Long Lasting Eye Pencil Waterproof is sure to make your eyes stand out from the crowd. Its smooth texture is particularly simple and accurate to apply. Easy to remove using eye make-up remover. Automatic pencil with a twist mechanism for the mine, includes a sharpener at the end of the pencil.”


MY OPINION:
I went kind of crazy in front of the CATRICE counter when I bought these 5 shades not too long ago. I made you guys some swatches below. Oh and in case you were wondering… Yes, I inserted the right pictures below. You can’t see anything? Don’t worry, me either. That’s because all of my eyeliners completely dried up and got loose from the base after only two months of purchase. I am so disappointed! I have mentioned in the past, how much I love the brand but these are just a complete and total fail! (and it´s been a while since I have been really upset about a product performance!)


According to the packaging they are supposed to have a shelf life of about 6 months, which unfortunately I can´t confirm (not even if I wanted to). I also can´t confirm that they had a smooth texture, mine felt quite harsh to apply compared to the CATRICE XXXXX which were very creamy and now unfortunately discontinued. It such a shame to see that although they do have a beautiful color range (especially the blue, lilac and green shades fascinated me) they basically become unusable after such a short period of time. I personally feel that this product is just money down the drain, no matter how pretty the shades are. Honestly what’s the point of buying something you will end up throwing away 8 weeks later because it´s unusable?

ALL HOPE LOST?
Luckily, no. Although the “Longlasting Eye Pencils Waterproof” were a big fail the “Liquid Metal Gel Eye Pencils” seem to perform way better. They are a bit more expensive (~3,29 compared to 2,25 Euros) but they are a thousand times smoother, creamier and also offer a very nice range of colors. I have recently purchased one (click here if you want to see my "Catrice" HAUL) and I am still testing it out. So far so good :-)


Do you have any products you regret buying?
 xoxo, 
Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment