Monday 23 February 2015

Monthly Empties: February 2015


It´s that time of the month again. Yes, it´s empties time!

Dove “Winter Limited Edition” shower gel // 250ml // £2
I have said it in the past and I will say it again: I love Dove shower gels. They truly are moisturizing and they have a beautiful range of great smelling soaps. This winter limited edition didn´t dissapoint me and I am sad to see it go. Luckily I have plenty of shower gels in my drawer that are wainting to be used. 

Essence nail cleanser // 150ml // £2 
I loved to see that the drugstore carried a cleanser for a at home gel-manicure. Unfortunatly now they have discontinued this product and its back to ebay and Amazon when buying cleansers. 

L’Oreal micellar solution // 200ml // £2-4
This is my second bottle of this micellar solution and I have to say I really like it. I use it either before my cleansing oil to take down the first layer of make-up or afterwards to remove whatever make-up is left on my face. A great alternative for the Biothderma micellar solution if you ask me. The only weak spot I see is that it can´t take waterproof mascara down with it but then again I didn´t expect it to be. I would repurchase it again if it wasn´t for my curiosity of trying the Garnier micellar water next. 

Charles Worthington moisture seal conditioner // 250ml // £4-6 
At first I wasn´t very impressed with this conditioner but I actually ended up liking it. The conditioner is quite thick and has a very lady like scent. I did a good job at giving my hair some extra moisture and I would consider repurchasing this in the future. 

Herbal Essences "fresh balance shampoo" // 200ml // £1-2 
I bought this shampoo intending to use it once a week or every other week to get rid of any styling product residue on my hair. At that rate it took me about one and half years to use it up. My hair felt squeaky clean after using it but I wouldn’t recommend using this shampoo every time you wash your hair as it can be a bit drying. Other than that, it was good and I can see myself repurchasing it at some point in the future not not right away. 

Garnier ultra dry roll-on deodorant // 50ml // £1-2 
I know a lot of people that swear by this roll-on. Unfortunately I am not one of them. While I was amazed to see that it lasted me for at least two months (which is twice as long as a spray deodorant) I wasn´t knocked off my feet with regards of anything else. I got two of these when they were on sale at Wal-Mart, so I still have another bottle waiting to be used.

Dove Intensive repair spray // 150ml // £2-4 
Didn’t like it, won´t repurachse it. To me this was a complete waste of money. If you have really tangled hair after you shower, I can imagine this product to be quite nice actually. However I don’t really have that problem (I brush my hair before I shower and put conditioner on it so it doesn’t really knot up). I was hoping this to be more nourishing, but didn’t really see a difference when I used this and when I didn’t.


What products have you used up this month?

xoxo, 
Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment